Student Aid

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about College and other Academic topics.

How do I get financial assistance for college?

Student Aid

Tell the financial aid administrators about unusual family financial circumstances, such as elementary and secondary school tuition expenses, high medical and dental expenses not convered by insurance, unusually high child care costs, recent unemployment, death, or disability of a wage-earner, or other significant changes in the family's income and assets. They may be able to make allowances to help you. (Mention the buzz words "Professional Judgment".)



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Academic Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Jolyn Wells-Moran