Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Answer User Questions and other Academic topics.
If you are trying to teach a dog how to ring a bell when having to relieve itself, here are a few tips.
1) Have easy access to the bell for the dog.
2) Make sure the bell is close to the outside door.
3) Whenever you take the dog out or open the door, ring the bell and use the word "out."
4) Before allowing the dog to go out, ring the bell and say the word, "out."
5) When the dog rings the bell, give it lots of praise.
The easiest way to teach an old dog (or puppy) a new trick is hang the bell directly on the door. Using treats also reinforces the new behavior.